Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > Suggest a laptop for wordprocessor use

Old 16th November 2017
tobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our community
Suggest a laptop for wordprocessor use

Hi everyone. Please suggest a laptop; the most cost effective one since I'm running low on money right now

Usage: I need it solely for word processor (MS Office 2016) and web browsing, so I don't really care about hardware configuration (in fact my 10 year old Centrino, 4 GB RAM was doing very nicely for me until some of its keys died ). And I'm assuming if something can handle MS Office 2016, it will anyways handle an occasional, once in a blue moon mp4/xvid.

OS is no issue; DOS or Linux is ok. 500 GB hard disk is great. Weight is not a deciding factor. As good battery life as possible within these parameters and low price Should have more than 2 USB ports; specifically mentioning this because a software I use comes with a hardware protection USB key (HASP) which needs to be plugged in at all times and one port would be used for my wireless mouse.

It's very important that the laptop should have 'standalone' page up, page down, home, end, arrows, shift and F1, F2, F3.. keys. By 'standalone', I mean that you don't need to press that damned special 'Fn' key with another key to get that function. Like in Dell Vostro, the bastards have even linked PgUp and PgDn with Fn, as in, I need to press Fn + up arrow to get page up, a huge bother for me. I live on keyboard shortcuts in MS Word.

The keys should have a decent size and tactile response (not necessarily like a spring keyboard, buy still, it should be good). Loved my old Dell Inspiron keyboard, so something like that.

Don't need any special keys/multimedia keys.

I'm not too sure about Acer because an Acer netbook I had once purchased just for retail therapy/fun in my 'rich' days didn't even last the warranty period and I can't afford such experiments these days!

Thanks for reading this long suggestions please.

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 16th November 2017
Custom title

maridegu has disabled reputations
Any Asus X series with FreeDos

Install Ubuntu & start typing on Libre Office.

Just in case, you need, You can get Windows & MS Office.

Old 18th November 2017
Proud Noob Padawan

damaaldusk has disabled reputations
Go for Fujitsu Lifebook, way better bang for your buck than any any other option in the segement you are looking for.

This will do the job nicely for you:

Fujitsu A Series Core i3 5Th Gen - (4 GB/1 Tb HDD/Dos) A555 Lifebook Notebook (15.6 Inch)

If you look for deals, you should be able to get it under 20K. I suggest buying from ebay & using discount coupons.

Old 19th November 2017
tobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our communitytobermory is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaaldusk View Post
Go for Fujitsu Lifebook ...Fujitsu A Series
Wow! Thanks. It has a awesome configuration for ~22,000 on Amazon.

Old 21st November 2017
REMO
Visit my website
  Councillor: Council Member      
remo_ram2 is one with the universeremo_ram2 is one with the universeremo_ram2 is one with the universeremo_ram2 is one with the universe
Send a message via Yahoo to remo_ram2
I am also looking for a laptop

Hey guys help me as well. I am also looking for a laptop for personal use. I will be using it for completely for my personal use mostly for xossip content like storing the videos and images. Since i use to use desktop its getting hectic to store the data in it. Hence decided to buy one.
Suggest me one good laptop with 25k or less budget wala.
My specifications are i3 processor minimum ( suggest a good one if needed )Storage 1 TB
RAM : 4 Gb ( Suggest a good one if needed )

Mostly will be using for video editing since i have interest on videos editing.
Any brand is fine but it should fit my budget. Will feel happy if u suggest a best one less than my budget. Thanks in advance.

Old 22nd November 2017
Visit my website

StephenHawking is an unknown quantity at this point
It's vital that the portable workstation ought to have 'independent' page up, page down, home, end, bolts, move and F1, F2, F3.. keys. By 'independent', I imply that you don't have to squeeze that doomed unique 'Fn' key with another key to get that capacity. Like in Dell Vostro, the rats have even connected PgUp and PgDn with Fn, as in, I have to press Fn + up bolt to get the page up, a gigantic trouble for me. I live on console alternate routes in MS Word. Do my Essay for Me Online

Old 22nd November 2017
Proud Noob Padawan

damaaldusk has disabled reputations
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermory View Post
Wow! Thanks. It has a awesome configuration for ~22,000 on Amazon.
Buy it from ebay - you would easily find an 8-10% discount coupon online. The sellers are usually same on ebay & amazon.