Xossip

Go Back Xossip > BackOffice> Parking Lot> Torrents > Xossip Torrents - Help and FAQ (Reloaded)

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 10th December 2006
Don Vito Corleone
Visit my website
  Administrator: Administrator of Xossip    Boobs: Guess the Boobs Contest Winner      
GodFather has disabled reputations
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekul View Post
I have tried to seed a Torent and it shows in UTorrent as DHT status : Not Allowed nd in thread it sows as 4 leechers, but no seeds. What should I do to make it seed properly.

Thank you for your help

Nekul
after starting the thread, delete the something.torrent file which u created from your hard disk

get a new file from the thread and use that for seeding

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 11th December 2006

nekul has received several accoladesnekul has received several accoladesnekul has received several accoladesnekul has received several accoladesnekul has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
after starting the thread, delete the something.torrent file which u created from your hard disk

get a new file from the thread and use that for seeding
I have tried that already. I am not sure what is going wrong. Is it due to any bandwidth problem. I use 64Kbps line and max upload speed is 7KBps. is that an issue? I have tried exactly as said in Tutorials and Faq. Will try again.

What about the option initial seeding in properties. Also, the options enble DHT is disabled there. I am using utorrent.

Thank you for your helping me.

Nekul. A

Old 11th December 2006
Living & Loving It
  Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
PrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps database
i don't think your connection is the problem.

check the FAQs on utorrent site. and set everything to as per default.

In preferences, check the # of connections allowed. Should be atleast one i guess for your internet connection.

Old 11th December 2006
jamesjumbo is beginning to get noticed
man i just downloaded the utorrent from the link given in this thread...

look i am not a softie so i cant get the lingo.... wat seeding is... etal.....

now i have learned hw to creat a torrent file but i still dunno hw to download it....

so sincerely help needed....

when ever i click on the link i get a attachment.php.torrent thing which doesnt open in the utorrent...... also i m using download manager so wen ever i click on any file to download... it diirectly goes to it and not to the utorent...i thnink its due to the fact that the download manager is default downloader and utorrent is not....

moreover wen i browsed thru the utorrent there is one place wer there is a blank for the IP/Host name to report to the trackker..... do i have to put anything there....

also wat port sud i chose.... in utorreent connections there are many options for the port... well i m using windows xp (latest sp2).....
Well i got that too...
Then also i dont understand WHY I AM STILL A VIRGING???

Old 11th December 2006
Living & Loving It
PrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps databasePrefCus has hacked the reps database
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjumbo View Post
man i just downloaded the utorrent from the link given in this thread...

look i am not a softie so i cant get the lingo.... wat seeding is... etal.....

now i have learned hw to creat a torrent file but i still dunno hw to download it....

so sincerely help needed....

when ever i click on the link i get a attachment.php.torrent thing which doesnt open in the utorrent...... also i m using download manager so wen ever i click on any file to download... it diirectly goes to it and not to the utorent...i thnink its due to the fact that the download manager is default downloader and utorrent is not....

moreover wen i browsed thru the utorrent there is one place wer there is a blank for the IP/Host name to report to the trackker..... do i have to put anything there....

also wat port sud i chose.... in utorreent connections there are many options for the port... well i m using windows xp (latest sp2).....

you are a little confused, i cannot determine whether you wish to download or upload.

1. seeding is when you make a file on your Hard Drive available for others to download.
seeders are uploaders. leechers are downloaders.

2. if you have created a torrent file you cannot download it, it has to be uploaded by you.

3. the tracker is needed for creating a torrent file for uploading. Not needed while downloading.

Please set out your queries properly so that i or someone else can assist you.

Last edited by PrefCus : 11th December 2006 at 03:48 PM.

Old 11th December 2006
◄----------►
Visit my website
  Co-administrator: Co-administrator of Xossip    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Soccer WCC Organisor: Soccer World Cup '06 Contest      
illegal has disabled reputations
Send a message via ICQ to illegal Send a message via AIM to illegal Send a message via MSN to illegal Send a message via Yahoo to illegal Send a message via Skype™ to illegal
Quote:

open the .torrent file with utorrent.

if u made utorrent as ur default torrent application,just double click the .torrent file.

tell utorrent ,where to save it.that's all..

nothing big required...

Old 11th December 2006
jamesjumbo is beginning to get noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by illegal View Post
open the .torrent file with utorrent.

if u made utorrent as ur default torrent application,just double click the .torrent file.

tell utorrent ,where to save it.that's all..

nothing big required...
thnx for the help but i dont want to make it as my default download manager coz this pc is shared.... can i use it to open files...

well sir i did wat u said .... double clicking the file but i get the attachment.php.torrent and wen i try to open it usin utorrent it says invalid file....

Code:
you are a little confused, i cannot determine whether you wish to download or upload. 1. seeding is when you make a file on your Hard Drive available for others to download. seeders are uploaders. leechers are downloaders. 2. if you have created a torrent file you cannot download it, it has to be uploaded by you. 3. the tracker is needed for creating a torrent file for uploading. Not needed while downloading. Please set out your queries properly so that i or someone else can assist you
sir i very well said i have learned to upload a file but the PROBLEM IS WITH DOWNLOADING IT.....

WHICHEVER FILE I CLICK TO OPEN ALL I RECEIVE IS A 12.5K .PHP. THING WHICH IS INVALID WEN I TRY TO OPEN IT WITH UTORRENT...

I THINK IT IS TAKING THE URL OF THE PAGE N DOWNLOADING IT AND NOT THE FILE.... SO SUGGEST ME HW SUD I CONFIGURE AND CHECK THE UTORRENT TO PROPERLY USE IT
OR SUD I RE INSTALL IT.... BUT I DONT WANNA MAKE IT MY DEFAULT DOWNLOADER.... HOPE I M ABLE TO PUT MY PROBLEM CLEARLY TO U
Well i got that too...
Then also i dont understand WHY I AM STILL A VIRGING???

Last edited by jamesjumbo : 11th December 2006 at 04:36 PM.

Old 11th December 2006
Living & Loving It
Once you've obtained the torrent file, you simply need to import it into your BitTorrent client There are several ways of doing this in Torrent:

* Click File then Add Torrent in Torrent.
* Double-click the torrent file. (Only works if you've associated .torrent files with Torrent - Torrent asks you if it should do this the first time you run it. If you clicked 'No', you can do this by going to Options, then Preferences in Torrent, then clicking Associate with .torrent files under Windows Integration.)
* (advanced) Click File then Add Torrent from URL in Torrent (or press CTRL+U), and enter a URL from which the .torrent file can be obtained.

Last edited by PrefCus : 11th December 2006 at 05:38 PM.

Old 13th December 2006
◄----------►
Visit my website
  Co-administrator: Co-administrator of Xossip    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Soccer WCC Organisor: Soccer World Cup '06 Contest      
illegal has disabled reputations
Send a message via ICQ to illegal Send a message via AIM to illegal Send a message via MSN to illegal Send a message via Yahoo to illegal Send a message via Skype™ to illegal
Quote:
thnx for the help but i dont want to make it as my default download manager coz this pc is shared.... can i use it to open files...

It seems u r not getting the .torrent file.Rather u get some .torrent.php file.

How are you downloading the .torrent file?

For eg: if u cehck [url=http://www.mangasee.com/showthread.php?t=102614this thread [/url]

you can download:

Spyachiy.avi.torrent

not some xyz.php..

u may get a attachment.php file if u right click and save the link...

double click on the .torrent file..

Old 14th December 2006
I am top of the world...

cooldude1986 is one with the universecooldude1986 is one with the universecooldude1986 is one with the universecooldude1986 is one with the universecooldude1986 is one with the universe
Send a message via ICQ to cooldude1986 Send a message via AIM to cooldude1986 Send a message via MSN to cooldude1986 Send a message via Yahoo to cooldude1986 Send a message via Skype™ to cooldude1986
There is a FileCheap Index. Cant a Index of Files shared in Torrent section be maintained as a sticky thread???

Possible Sollution: The User who uplods a torrent must post his file name and some info about it in thread...

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls