Pitbull - Feel This Moment (Ft. Christina Aguilera).
Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> News, Reviews & Gossip > Apple admits they deliberately slow down old iPhones

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 24th December 2017
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
Some other factors:

People who install too many apps on the phone. There's a lot of background activity. So phone slows down after an year. Why is it surprising that phone slows down after an year?

People who fill their storage to 99.5%. Of course, this will slow down the phone. You can be sure there are people like that.

The fact that they come on the internet and type "iPhone slow" doesn't mean it's Apple's fault, as you would surely agree.

and so does ursula le guin

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 24th December 2017
www.FilesFlash.net

coconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universecoconutpalm is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebelwerfer View Post
putting non-replaceable batteries in handsets because they want to slim down these phones is a lame excuse. A nonrepair-compatible handset means more sales every year!
Apple doesn't make it easy for their customers to replace the batteries.

But that's the way Apple does things ... it's not some conspiracy, it's their design philosophy, I guess.

Old 24th December 2017
Smart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Officer View Post
If you charge your battery when your phone reaches 15%, then that 15% remains unused. That unused 15% is no longer needed then so, the remaining 85% battery is you 100% battery now. Similarly goves when you charge your phone everytime when it reaches 30%. Remaining 70% will be your 100% battery. Then you'll hear from them complaing about battery draining faster than before
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kratos View Post
Hmm... that happened to me but on my laptop, in starting battery stopped charging at 91% then slowly reduced to 67%, and battery status was always like 67%, not charging during charge. and in the and battery stopped working completely, nuksan ho gaya tha
It's a well-known issue with battery defined as chemistry problem. In case of fully functional battery ions flow freely between a cathode and an anode but after a time limit it wears out the cathode. That thing leads to the reduced capacity of a battery, may that process vary between new battery technologies.

Old 25th December 2017
gandu pilla

I=me is one with the universeI=me is one with the universeI=me is one with the universe
Send a message via Yahoo to I=me
but iphone are still fast even after slowing down

Old 25th December 2017
Income Tax Officer is beginning to get noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutpalm View Post

But that's the way Apple does things ... it's not some conspiracy, it's their design philosophy, I guess.
design philosophy my ass , just profit

Old 25th December 2017
Smart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our communitySmart Male is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Income Tax Officer View Post
agreed only profit matters these days

Old 26th December 2017
www.FilesFlash.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by I=me View Post
but iphone are still fast even after slowing down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Income Tax Officer View Post
I will not dismiss your concerns. Private corporations are driven mainly by profits. Maybe capitalism is a flawed economic model? Maybe we should adopt the old Soviet-style communism? We can have that discussion. I'm ready and willing.

However, today, I'd like to show you two gentlemen these charts that you're sure to find delightful (charts are from: http://www.geekbench.com/blog/2017/...-battery-age/).

He's turned his raw data into a kernel density plot. These plots are not difficult to interpret. Where you have a lot of data points, you'll see a higher density. Simple, right?

So, in the above chart, the density is highest around 2500. Because most of the iPhones have a benchmark score around 2500.

iOS v10.2.1 was where Apple introduced an OS patch to remedy random device shutdowns, by throttling processor usage during certain peak usage conditions. The company was trying to solve the problem of random shutdowns, but some people are not ready to believe this.

In the second plot too, the density is highest around 2500 on the X-axis. Because most of the iPhones have a benchmark score around 2500. Most of the iPhones still cluster around 2500. It's just that the distribution around other points (like around 1400 on the X-axis) is a bit different from the the first plot.

So what's the conclusion? These kernel density plots don't really show us how much of an actual slowdown there is in the CPU performance.

Noob Samaj leader Baba Mava thanks you two fine gentlemen.

Old 26th December 2017
Custom title

Nebelwerfer has received several accoladesNebelwerfer has received several accoladesNebelwerfer has received several accolades
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutpalm View Post

I do think the same sir jee! Only if appil could afford to hire better product designers this issue won't exist et al buy hey, once appul grows and becums capable to pay high salaries, just like micromax, they too might have replaceable batteries and they will not need software tweaking to cause phones from crashing down.

Old 26th December 2017
www.FilesFlash.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebelwerfer View Post
I do think the same sir jee! Only if appil could afford to hire better product designers this issue won't exist et al buy hey, once appul grows and becums capable to pay high salaries, just like micromax, they too might have replaceable batteries and they will not need software tweaking to cause phones from crashing down.
I will not dismiss your concerns about why software tweaking is necessary in the first place to address battery wear-and-tear.

I guess Apple tries to make the phone sleeker and slimmer, so they opt for non-removable batteries.

I think battery technology is a bottleneck in smartphones ... I have an Android phone with removable battery that I have to charge every day. I wish I only needed to charge it once a week.

But battery replacement on my Android phone is available from manufacturer from a much lower price compared to what Apple charges their customers. So even if the battery can no longer hold any charge, I have that option.

Old 26th December 2017
In Search Of New Adventure
  Election Commissioner: Authority for NHB Annual Elections    Contest Organizer: Active organizing member of an ongoing contest    Councillor: Council Member    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
samrocker is one with the universesamrocker is one with the universesamrocker is one with the universesamrocker is one with the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukhiatma View Post
No

If the phone didn't slow down when the battery was dying, any user can figure out that the battery is at fault and get it replaced by apple. But actively slowing it down makes the user think that their phone just cannot handle the new iOS update, and so they go for a new phone.

Also, nobody really asked for thinner phones, and smaller batteries. They just need a new reason to sell the same phone every year with a new gimmick, also, lower manufacturing and material costs.

Keep in mind that this is apple's alleged reason for slowing down people's phones. It could be something more malicious. Maybe the battery isn't really dying, but they have a switch that checks the battery's manufacturing date, and slows down the phone if it is sufficiently old, so that they force the user to buy a new phone. Since iOS is closed source, we will never know. There is also a google search trend where there is a spike in the term "iphone slow" every time a new iPhone is released. Maybe apple is deliberately slowing down old phones.
They just doing it on purpose its a market strategy for selling their high cost new versions of iphones any analyst can simply figure this out

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls